Top Ten Tips for Your Toddler
A trip to the beach with your toddler should be a fun and enjoyable day. Following is a list of ten top items to remember. However, you know your child and their likes and dislikes so this is just a framework for what you and your little one needs.
- Sunblock – Nothing is more important than taking sunblock with a high SPF. I suggest a SPF of 50 or higher and to apply it liberally. Don’t forget to apply it to the top of their head, ears and feet and reapply it throughout the day.
- Sunhat – A sunhat with a wide brim will help keep the sun off your childs face and the sun out of their eyes. Many toddlers resist keeping a hat on so look for a hat that can be tied under their chin.
- Umbrella – A nice big umbrella or beach tent helps to keep your child cool and provides a nice shady spot for naptime.
- Blanket – A blanket or nice big beach towel provides a place for your toddler to rest, nap and sit comfortably under the umbrella.
- Diapers and Wipes – In addition to your normal diapers, bring along some swim diapers. These are designed to keep messes inside the diaper even when it’s wet. Make sure to bring along fresh diapers for the drive home. As always, a supply of wipes makes cleaning up messes easier.
- Water – In addition to bringing plenty of drinking water, bring some extra water along to help clean sand off of your child. Cleaning off extra sand before changing into clean clothes and getting in the car for the ride home will hopefully make for a more comfortable drive.
- Snacks – Healthy snacks that don’t mind the hot sun at the beach will help your little one keep up the energy for a fun day at the beach.
- Sand Toys – Bring along toys such as shovels and pails. Kids love digging in the sand.
- Clean towels – Keep some towels in a big zip lock bag so they are clean and dry when it’s time to clean up your child.
- Clean clothes – Keep these in another zip lock bag so they remain dry and sand free. Remember the tip that applying some baby powder to sandy skin will help the sand slide off of skin.
Return from Toddler to www.tips-for-the-beach.com